I seem to be set to brave the whole holiday season back here in SB, that calls for a more-than-a-two line blogpost. The first holiday season, I didn't yet know what it was supposed to be and there were enough people around to tide me over. There was the other one I spent here, which was counter-productive to anything. Quite frankly, I do not even want to reminisce about it. So for the rest of them, I just took a month's vacation and went back to see my parents and friends back home. It would still qualify as a lazy month back home I suppose but there was always travelling involved and there were always more people to meet.
This year I think so far , that I am making a smart decision to stay back and get some work done. All the writing I need to catch up with. Wouldn't cold winter mornings with a cup of coffee or the nights spent with a comforter and a glass of wine prod me into doing that ?
Of course, the reasoning is that I am at a way better place than that winter a few years back. I am so much more comfortable being by myself, I love shopping by myself, eating by myself and this country lets makes that possible. This by the way I think is really important; for as great as it to have people walk with us along the way, that is just what they are. In the end all of us are really alone in this. Once again , that might sound like I am resigning from life or don't have my rose-colored glasses anymore. That could not be farther from the truth, I have not been more invigorated about life and the future. I am happy with my work ( on most days) , the people around me ( I have come to accept drama is my shadow) and the traveling I have been doing .
Infact, the number of movies and tv series I have watched over the last week makes me wonder why I do watch these. What it is really, is an easy refuge in another world. To think I spent so much time doing the same in college. In the process of writing this, I got myself to brew some amazing coffee. Maybe starting the day with some introspective writing will help.
I am still trying to see if I can get some travel in but it needs to be short enough and good enough to justify me moving away from writing. Or if I can manage to plan a solo trip somewhere which could involve writing as well. So here's to the hope that , this holiday season, I do get most of my writing done, manage to keep those winter pounds away ,do not put myself through endless movies and don't end up shopping too much.
On that note, I should get started with that sweet potato casserole and Happy Thanksgiving!
Thursday, November 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i would like to believe that the line between solitude and loneliness gets thicker with time ...
on a lighter note, early mornings and coffee go quite well together ...
Like the way you put it. I do feel like I appreciate the difference between solitude and loneliness way better
Post a Comment