Monday, April 10, 2006

I love.....

I really don't feel like I am going to be a 21 year old in another hour and a half....Most certainly, the last three have been the most definitive years; and the last two, the best so far. Since I can never do anything productive at such times, I will go ahead and list all the small and eccentric things that make me fall in love with life all over again.

- the wind brushing my hair against my face
- the dew on the cycle seats and the garden flowers, early in the morning
- watching the rays of the sun laying the carpet on the vast shores, even before the sun himself makes his appearance
- watching the sun play hide and seek with the clouds as he goes about his grand act.
- looking at fishermen draw in the nets and bring home the first catch of the day, even as the sun is rising
- the unmistakable innocence, in the eyes of every single child
- basking in the evening sun while sipping on iced tea
- watch the dogs have a sand bath..
- the flowering trees in full bloom and also,completely out of it.
- watch the sprinklers soaking the lawn.
- the lone water lily in the lotus pond
- staring at the empty corridors, when I am first to awake at 4:30
- sitting on the terrace and watch the sky go from yellow to blue; u see more shades of colour than any computer can ever give you.
- watching the birds outside my window...
- matching the colour of the clips with my clothes while drying them
- stripping the leaves of a gulmohar-like tree branch and blowing them in the air
- staring up at the rain, and wondering where these drops come from
- playing cricket with a notebook and seeds of a certain tree.
- playing 'treasure' hunts..
- reading asterix with a certain someone.
- splashing ice tea at a certain someone, for absolutely no reason.
- driving insects out of my room with another someone.
- seeing the water gushing into the water tank
- seeing the smile on someone's face grow, despite all efforts to restrain it
- having watermelon juice
- spending two hours trying to decide on a movie with a third someone, and then decide not to watch one.
- cleaning my desktop.
- organizing my music collection
- foiling people's big plans to fool me
- writing down 'things to do' ....not necessarily doing them
- a cold shower on a hot sultry afternoon
P.S - I really did not think it would be so huge a list
- fencing with two water bottles
- sighting the first moon
- gazing at the moon, on any day that is.
- gazing at Betelgeuse, one of the stars of Orion
- listening to a certain someone putting fundaes on c codes and flows
- replying to the same message 'had milk?' every evening
- waking up to the same warm voice every morning
- watching the red insects moving in a line
- browsing through old photos and organizing them again
- browsing through a myriad scrapbook of memories
- reading through my diary entries

For now, that will do I guess. Towards the end, I seem to have veered away from the 'small' part of the description.

A rather content 'soon-to-be 21 year old' signing off.

9 comments:

Freespirit said...

*Sigh*
Woman..don't do this..I love reading lists like these..Nitee had put up a similar one sometime back..it gives this very happy feeling and makes me all warm inside..hope your lists continues growing..many happy returns again!!

N said...

hope you discover many more such joys and reasons to love life!!happy bday!!

Ramya said...

@freespirit
read up nitee's post, feels very similar man!thank you again.

@swap
thanks dear, and I am sorry too.

Harish Suryanarayana said...

I forgot :( :(


Belated wishes , late as they may be
They are here for you to see
Be happy and gay and free
A Very Happy Birthday to thee .

* claps claps *

Posts like these will be cherished forever . :)

Ramya said...

thank you so much :))

Gayathri Chandrashekar said...

Lovable things to love..Felt like this many times...rising sun,graceful moon,roses accompanied with dew...Nice post..I loved it!

N said...

The screeching silence under a baobab tree?

Ramya said...

u can say the moanful silence! :(

N said...

witty!!I know which silence you are referring to.. is it still so silent at work? and when's the next rambling?