Saturday, April 25, 2009

Life-Hungry Stupidity

I speak in all modesty as I say this, but I discovered at this moment that I have a fierce will to live. It's not something evident, in my experience.Some of us give up on life with a resigned sigh. Others fight a little, then lose hope. Still others - and I am one of those -never give up. We fight and fight and fight. We fight no matter the cost of battle, the losses we take, the improbability of success. We fight to the very end. It's not a question of courage. It's something constitutional, an inability to let go. It may be nothing more than life-hungry stupidity. - Yann Martel

And I am one of those or so I'd like to think

3 comments:

N said...

I finally feel like reading Life of Pi after years of being scared of it. I am scared of some books lest they rob me of the little zest I have.

Freespirit said...

@ N,
I almost feel like I didn't do enough justice to the book on my blog.

N said...

@Freespirit

Oh, sorry! I don't remember your post about it ... I might not even have read the post - I was always scared of the book ... MRL caught me unawares with that quote ... If she had let the title be something like life of pi - I would have kept away ...