Like the whiff of butter
from the bakery
down at the corner.
And the curious
pair of eyes
peeping over the parapet.
Like the dim afternoon sun
streaming in onto
the bonsai, now old
The quick covert glances
and the quicker
defensive turn-aways.
Barely perceivable
yet imminent,
a change of seasons
a change of heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Wow! I am so impressed, I can't say anything anymore. First there was bukowski that demoralized me, then came wendy cope and billy collins. Now you too. change of seasons, change of heart - I am gonna remember that for long. Like I remember collins.
N, you are way too generous with your words; any more and I would have to take it for sarcasm. Thanks :)
last four lines - bitter truth of life, i guess :)
why bitter ?
Notes from the shore, eh? Nice title. I want to be in SB too :|
btw, now the picture is one half and the title the other half - perfect. I think you should let the picture stay like it is now, very lovely.
SB's a charm :) :)
Nice title! Lovely lines. Can you loan me some inspiration?
Plain Awesome
Post a Comment